Call For Papers
We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the Eighth International Precision Assembly Seminar 2018, which will be held on 14-16 January 2018 in Chamonix, France. Please see the below details for submission of papers.
Full paper deadline: EXTENDED TO 15 November 2017 (23:59 UTC-12)
Final Paper Deadline: 10 December 2017 (23:59 UTC-12)
Conference: 14-16 January 2018
The aim of the seminar is to discuss the rapidly evolving field of precision assembly processes, equipment and systems in the age of digital transformation. Contributed papers are invited in but are not limited to the following thematic areas:
- Assembly actuators and sensors
- Connected assembly equipment and systems utilising the IIoT
- Control methods for precision assembly
- Data analytics for product and process monitoring
- Design for assembly and disassembly
- Design of assembly systems
- Distributed and collaborative networks in assembly
- Industrial applications in different sectors including aerospace and defence, automotive, packaging and MEMS.
- Metrology and quality control
- Metrology assisted large scale assembly
- Novel system integration approaches/techniques
- Parts sorting and feeding
- Precision joining operations
- Processes and systems for disassembly
- Product key characteristics and tolerances in assembly
- Robotics and robot applications for assembly
- Standardisation for precision assembly including grippers, handling, tooling and application software
- Variability and uncertainty in assembly
As usual, selected papers will be published in a book by Springer.
Submit a paper
The deadline for full paper submission is 31 October 2017.
Full papers should ideally be 8-10 pages in length.
Please note authors must intend to register for, and attend, the Seminar to present the paper if it is accepted.
Author guidelines (PDF, 72.1 KB)
Word Proceedings Templates (ZIP, 586 KB)
Springer copyright form (PDF, 104 KB)
Please use our online paper submission service.